Our press office provides a range of services to journalists and deals with all areas of our media work.
How to contact the press office
We're open from 08:30 to 18:00 Monday to Friday, except national holidays.
- For all general press office enquiries during opening hours, telephone 020 7674 2463
- For urgent press enquiries outside these hours, call 07785 748 787
- Alternatively you can email us
Media information centre
The media information centre on our website provides information for journalists about how the Charity Commission works, particularly in relation to issues that regularly attract press interest. You can also find out how to access facts and figures about charities and how to search for information about a particular charity, including its financial history.
Media information centre Information for journalists about how the Commission works, particularly on issues that regularly attract press interest.
Other useful information
- Parliamentary section - resources for MPs, AMs and researchers
- View our recent press releases and updates
- Read speeches made by senior staff from the Commission
- Read letters sent to editors
- Find out more about our Board Members and senior managment team
- Read our research
How to keep up on developments in the Commission's work
If you want to be kept informed of updates to our website, including press releases, reports and publications, you can subscribe to our news feed.
How to arrange an interview with someone from the Charity Commission
Any interview requests can be scheduled through the press office. In general, however, we are unable to give interviews on specific cases and are unable to provide detail on ongoing investigative work.
We are willing to discuss opportunities for writing articles on particular topics.
Regulation of charities elsewhere in the United Kingdom
We only regulate charities in England and Wales. Charities in other parts of the UK are regulated by the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) and the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland (established in 2010).
Head of News
020 7674 2366
020 7674 2462
020 7674 2466
020 7674 2467
Communications Support Officer
020 7674 2463