SORP Committee meetings and papers
The SORP making body of the Charity Commission and the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator is advised on the SORP by the SORP Committee.
The SORP Committee has completed the development of a new Exposure Draft SORP. The Exposure Draft SORP was submitted to the Financial Reporting Council for review and was approved for release by the Accounting Council in May and published for comment on 8 July. The closing date for the consultation is 4 November 2013. The Exposure draft SORP and invitation to Comment are accessed via the micro-site www.charitysorp.org
The Exposure Draft SORP and accompanying consultation questions were discussed at the SORP Committee on 5 June hosted at the Charity Commission’s London offices. The consultation on the Exposure Draft is a key stage in the development of the SORP . In support of the consultation, the Charity Commission and OSCR developed a SORP micro-site and will be supporting a number of events organised by umbrella and professional bodies which are to take place mainly in September and October.
The Exposure draft provides guidance to charities applying the Financial Reporting Standard applicable in the UK and Republic of Ireland (FRS 102). FRS 102 completes the suite of standards that constitute the new Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (new GAAP). The new GAAP is to take effect for financial years beginning 1 January 2015.
Agenda and papers for 5 June 2013 meeting
Agenda and papers for 13 March 2013 meeting
Agenda and papers for 26 February 2013 meeting
Agenda and papers for 7 February 2013 meeting
SORP Committee and SORP making body submissions to the Accounting Standards Board's proposals on the future of UK GAAP
- 2012 Letter re amendment to FRED 48 - employee benefits and service concessions
- 2012 Letter re revised Financial Reporting Exposure draft FREDs 46,47 and 48 (FRS 100, 101 and 102)
- Annex A - Drafting amendment to FRED 48
- Annex B - Response to ASB 2012 consultation questions
- 2011 Letter re the Financial Reporting Standard for Public Benefit Entities FRED 45 (FRSPBE)
- Annex - exposure draft of the Financial Reporting Standard for Public Benefit Entities
- 2011 Letter from OSCR re FRED 45
- 2011 Letter re the Future of Financial Reporting draft FREDs 43 and 44 (FRSME)
- Annex - consultation on the Future of Financial Reporting
- 2011 Letter from OSCR re FREDs 43 and 44
- 2010 Letter re ASB Policy Proposal on the future of UK GAAP
- Annex - response to ASB Policy Proposal on the future of UK GAAP
Adobe Reader® is required to view or print PDF documents. For information on downloading Adobe Reader®, please see 'Help with PDF files'.
Previous SORP Committee Meetings
List of archived SORP Committee agendas and papers for previous meetings.