SORP Committee meetings and papers
The SORP making body of the Charity Commission and the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator is advised on the SORP by the SORP Committee.
The SORP Committee consulted on an Exposure Draft SORP in 2013. The consultation was undertaken with charity sector and professional bodies holding 26 events across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. Over 1600 people took part and the consultation closed on 4 November 2013 with 179 written submissions received. The Exposure draft SORP and invitation to Comment are accessed via the micro-site www.charitysorp.org
The new SORP is intended to provide guidance to charities applying the Financial Reporting Standard applicable in the UK and Republic of Ireland (FRS 102). FRS 102 completes the suite of standards that constitute the new Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (new GAAP). The new GAAP is to take effect for financial years beginning 1 January 2015. It is anticipated that the new SORP will receive clearance from the Financial Reporting Council by the end of May 2014 and be published on the web by the end of June 2014. A paid for hard copy version of the SORP is likely to be available in Autumn 2014.
Agenda and papers for 12 February 2014 meeting
Agenda and papers for 24 January 2014 meeting
Agenda and papers for 9 January 2014 meeting
SORP Committee and SORP making body submissions to the Accounting Standards Board's proposals on the future of UK GAAP
- 2012 Letter re amendment to FRED 48 - employee benefits and service concessions
- 2012 Letter re revised Financial Reporting Exposure draft FREDs 46,47 and 48 (FRS 100, 101 and 102)
- Annex A - Drafting amendment to FRED 48
- Annex B - Response to ASB 2012 consultation questions
- 2011 Letter re the Financial Reporting Standard for Public Benefit Entities FRED 45 (FRSPBE)
- Annex - exposure draft of the Financial Reporting Standard for Public Benefit Entities
- 2011 Letter from OSCR re FRED 45
- 2011 Letter re the Future of Financial Reporting draft FREDs 43 and 44 (FRSME)
- Annex - consultation on the Future of Financial Reporting
- 2011 Letter from OSCR re FREDs 43 and 44
- 2010 Letter re ASB Policy Proposal on the future of UK GAAP
- Annex - response to ASB Policy Proposal on the future of UK GAAP
Adobe Reader® is required to view or print PDF documents. For information on downloading Adobe Reader®, please see 'Help with PDF files'.
Previous SORP Committee Meetings
List of archived SORP Committee agendas and papers for previous meetings.